John Williams is a Co-founder and Senior Partner with the Wilko Group. He has been with the company since the 2001 launch. John brings a long and deep roster of accomplishments to our Senior Management team. John focuses on New Product Strategies, Brand Positioning, Retail Channel Strategy, Corporate Direction & commercialization
Among John’s notable accomplishments, he helped to establish Wilko’s North American sales and marketing network for emerging toy & sporting good companies. John also established our design/development group to assist new product innovators in bringing their ideas/products to market.
Prior to founding the Wilko Group, John was a Senior Sales Executive in charge of New Business Development, Financial management and forecast planning, and Product & Marketing Consulting for RLA Marketing – a sales agency in the Northeastern quadrant of the U.S.
- V Tech Industries: Early and long (20 years plus) engagement. Helped build them from a one-item company to a $1 Billion plus global manufacturer on Educational and Telecommunication products.
- Microsoft Inc: Hired by Microsoft to (1) launch their first children’s-focused initiative and (2) establish their first retail-direct trading relationships.
- Cranium Inc: Hired by Cranium to establish a global sales & marketing network.
- Whamo Toys & Aviva Sport: Led launch and growth of two Toy Sport companies and successful sale of both to industry leaders.
- Uno Games: Part of small group that launched the world’s most successful game and eventual sale, after 16 years to Mattel.
John received his BA from the University of Minnesota and attended Law School at University of Minnesota. When he’s not working, john enjoys travel, golf, philanthropy, fitness and wine